The algorithm below is to provide guidance to community teams in the acute management of patients who are presenting acutely unwell with an arrhythmia and have an ICD in situ.
The diagram below demonstrates the placement of the ring magnet on the patient’s chest to enable emergency deactivation of the defibrillator, if required.
Ring magnets can be found in all community hospitals and emergency care facilities within northern NHS Highland. If a magnet is required – please contact Cardio Respiratory Department on 01463 704249 for further assistance.
North and West Operational Unit
South and Mid Operational Unit
· Caithness General Hospital, Wick
· Town & County, Wick
· Dunbar Community Hospital, Thurso
· Lawson Memorial Hospital, Golspie
· Migdale Hospital, Bonar Bridge
· Portree Hospital
· Mackinnon Memorial Hospital, Broadford
· Belford Hospital, Fort William
· Raigmore Hospital, Inverness
· Royal Northern Infirmary, Inverness
· Highland Hospice, Inverness
· Town and County Hospital, Nairn
· Aviemore Health Centre
· Ian Charles Hospital, Grantown on Spey
· County Community Hospital, Invergordon
· Ross Memorial, Dingwall