CRITERIA FOR USING TOCILIZUMAB OR SAILUMAB (INTRAVENOUS)
NB must meet ALL criteria
- Adults aged 18 or over
- COVID-19 infection confirmed or suspected using clinical and/or radiological information
- Admitted for treatment of COVID-19 pneumonia
- Have not received tocilizumab or sarilumab during this admission
- Already be receiving steroid as per current recommendations (dexamethasone or equivalent) unless contra-indicated
- Hypoxemia with a measured CRP of 75mg/L or more AND oxygen saturation of less than 94% (see local NHS Highland oxygen policy) or on low flow oxygen
- Within 48 hours of commencing additional respiratory support defined as high flow nasal oxygen, continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) or non-invasive ventilation or invasive ventilation.
Note: therapy with tocilizumab or sarilumab should be considered within 24 hours of meeting the inclusion criteria.